Carbex is not only one of the world’s leading manufacturers of contact brushes, it is also one of the oldest. With a history spanning over 130 years, we have long since laid the foundations to be foremost within power and signal technology.
Today, Carbex is part of the Addtech Group: a listed business concern consisting of over 130 enterprises with much in common in terms of business ideas. Carbex manufactures carbon brushes of the highest quality and supply additional, value-adding components globally within our market segments.
Our experience, expertise and personalized service enables us to provide our customers with the ability and opportunity to create value, safe in the knowledge that we can deliver complete, quality assured solutions with confidence of supply – quality to the core.
- 1887 – Company established by the name Swenska Dynamoborstfabriken.
- 1909 – Patent of powder mixture for electric brushes.
- 1950 – Launch of silver graphite brushes.
- 1986 – Addition of complementary trade merchandise.
- 1987 – Adopts the current name Carbex AB.
- 1996 – ISO 9002 certified.
- 2000 – Electric brushes for the medical device industry.
- 2001 – Wins ‘Vadstena Company of the Year’ award.
- 2001 – ISO 14001 certified.
- 2002 – Brush supplier to wind power and aviation industry. ISO 9001:2000 certified.
- 2003 – Wins ”Supplier of the Year” award.
- 2004 – Joins the Addtech group.
- 2008 – Annual turnover exceeds EUR 10 million.
- 2008 – Research & Development department commences collaboration with Linköping University, Sweden.
- 2010 – Establishes sales office in China.
- 2013 – Inaugurates new test laboratory.
- 2013 – Worldwide launch of V-Type brush holder.
- 2013 – Our own new test laboratory is opened “State of the art”.
- 2013 – V-Type brushholder developed and patented.
- 2014 – Start of long-term test projects in Inner Mongolia for wind power.
- 2015 – Establishment of sales office in Germany.